Looking forward to 2024 as we celebrate laughter, love and unforgettable weddings, we anticipate another incredible year filled with unforgettable photo booth weddings! Photo booths remain popular as an add-on service at weddings as their magical effects add a sense of magic that completes an otherwise mundane affair. Most of our bookings involve photo booth wedding services bringing their beautiful additions.
At first glance, choosing the ideal photo booth may appear straightforward, but more is involved than meets the eye. Key factors to keep in mind include your event timeline and flow and whether its design complements your wedding aesthetic. Let’s look at how photo booths can enhance your wedding with our 2023 Wedding Photo Booth Guide!
Types of Wedding Photo Booths
There are a few main options when it comes to selecting a wedding photo booth:
- Classic Booth – The classic booth is enclosed with a bench or stools inside and a DSLR camera to capture photos. These booths provide a more intimate feel.
- Open-Air Booth – An open booth has no enclosure around it. Instead, the camera, lighting, and props are accessible in an open layout. This gives more flexibility when taking photos.
- GIF Booth – Along with standard prints, GIF booths produce animated GIF images that can be shared easily on social media or with a wedding hashtag.
Photo Booth Placement Tips
Proper placement is critical for your photo booth to get ample use at a wedding reception:
- Near the Dance Floor – Positioning near dancing ensures easy access, and guests can quickly snap photos to capture the fun.
- In a High Traffic Area – Situate where people naturally mingle and pass by to grab their attention. Doorways or bars work well.
- With Sufficient Space – Leave adequate room for small groups to enter and exit the booth area comfortably. About 8-10 feet in front of the photo booth is ideal.
Ideas for Wedding Photo Booths
If you understand why a photo booth is essential to any wedding celebration, here are some ideas to ensure its success.
1. Select an Ideal Spot
Place the photo booth near a busy area, such as the bar or dance floor at your wedding venue, to maximise use. Guests should easily be able to spot it from wherever they’ll be hanging out; otherwise, they are unlikely to use it!
Sometimes, the coordinator of a venue might try to convince you to place your booth in an obscure corner so it will go undetected by guests. But don’t allow this! For your booth to have maximum impact and draw many participants and takers, the critical factor should be people seeing others enjoying themselves and wanting to join in the fun themselves.
2. Make sure your booth receives proper consideration as a photo opportunity.
Establishing the photo booth is like starting any party, only much simpler! Bring in your DJ or wedding party, your closest friends, and your photo booth rental provider to start having fun inside it, and the rest of your guests will join in on it, too.
Signs and other reminders can help ensure guests know where and why to find your photo booth.
Create an engaging photo booth to draw in guests from start to finish.
A wedding photo booth delivers a keepsake, interactive experience that lets your guests let loose and have fun in front of the camera. Use this guide to determine the best photo booth type, add-ons, and placement for your wedding style and budget. With some strategic planning, it’s sure to be a reception highlight!