360 photo booths are an impressive event technology that can capture shareable panoramic photos and videos. But how do these booths create immersive 360° media? The secret lies in specialized cameras and software. Let’s look at what makes a 360 photo booth tick.
360 booths use these key components:
Array of Synced Cameras
The booth contains between 12 to over 100 DSLR cameras mounted in every direction – on walls, ceiling, and floor. High resolution wide-angle lenses on each camera enable capturing a complete 360 view.
Simultaneous Image Capture
The cameras fire simultaneously, triggered by sensors when guests enter the booth. Shots taken at the exact same instant from all angles are seamlessly stitched together.
Image Stitching Software
After the synchronized capture, proprietary software automatically “stitches” the photos from all cameras into a single spherical panorama. Advanced algorithms blend edges for smooth transitions.
Thanks to optimized software and graphics processing units, the photo booth computer rapidly renders the panoramic photos or animated GIFs within 30-60 seconds after capturing.
A booth screen previews the 360 photo results. Guests can spin and zoom the image and select photos for printing.
Sharing and Printing
The 360 photo gets uploaded for social media sharing. Guests receive printouts or digital copies of their photosphere memento.
The entire process runs automated. Guests simply strike a pose until cameras flash. Friendly booth attendants also assist guests.
Why 360 Degree Capture?
Unlike a single lens, 360 cameras grab everything happening inside the booth – from floor to ceiling. 360 photos let users spin the scene to relive the experience from any angle. It’s more immersive, interactive and fun for sharing.
Popular 360 Photo Booth Features
- Animated GIFs – Create fun short videos that guests can share online.
- Green screen – Digitally replace the background with custom scenes.
- AR experiences – Add animated effects using augmented reality.
- Multi-booth linking – Connect 2+ booths to capture larger groups.
- Slow motion video – Cool slow-mo clips for sharing on social media.
- Photobooth props – Hats, frames and props to play with.
Benefits of 360 Event Technology
- Unique immersive experience compared to traditional booths
- Interactive and social for guests
- Easy sharing builds event buzz online
- Capture entire scene versus single perspective
- Fun keepsake documenting experience
With an array of synced DSLR cameras and specialized software, 360 degree photo booths can instantly capture and produce sharable panoramic photos and videos with guests in the center of the action. The cutting-edge technology provides events an interactive experience guests love.